Making your own hand sanitizer is a popular mission, now that the shelves are bare. Below are recipes for homemade versions, but we can’t promise that they work. It is recommended by the CDC to use at least 60% alcohol.
Homemade Hand Sanitizer Gel
• 2/3 cup 60 to 99% rubbing (isopropyl or ethanol)
• 1/3 cup 100% pure aloe Vera gel
• Optional: 8-10 drops essential oil for smell
Mix all ingredients well, then place a funnel on an empty hand sanitizer or soap bottle with. A pump and work the gel through.
Homemade Hand Sanitizer Spray
• 2 ounce spray bottle
• 3 tablespoons 60 to 99% Ethanol or Isopropyl alcohol
• 10 drops of essential oil (lavender, lemon, pine, etc.)
• 5 drops of oil such as jojoba (optional for moisture)
• Distilled water
– Combine alcohol, and oils in a spray bottle.
– Fill the rest of the bottle with distilled water.
– Shake before each use.
Homemade Disinfectant Wipes
• 1 box of unscented baby wipes (PLEASE Label as disinfectant!)
• 1.5 cups 60 to 99% alcohol
• 2 ounces aloe vera gel
• 2 tsp vegetable glycerin
• 1 tsp of essential oils
Mix together in measuring cup and pour over wipes. Make sure the wipes to saturate and soak completely.